CHSS offers much opportunity to all.
The College of Health & Social Services is vital to New Mexico, the border region and beyond. Our mission is to bring together the associated disciplines and professional fields of Health Science, Nursing, and Social Work that impact the quality of life in the current context of changing family and community to our community, our state, our country and world.
The CHSS vision is to:
- Improve the health and social well-being of citizens through education and partnering with diverse communities
- Deliver high quality undergraduate and graduate education, research, training and service programs in the fields of health science, nursing and social work
- Facilitate interdisciplinary education, research, and community service; and
- Ensure an ethnically diverse workforce in the health and social services professions.
Gifts to CHSS have tremendous impact by:
- Empowering students to accomplish health related degrees through scholarships you provide
- Enabling faculty to have needed resources for life improving research
- Building for future generations the educators of tomorrow and the facilities to support continued progress in the health related fields essential for our health and well-being
Scholarships empower students!
- Current Use gifts allow funds to be used by students immediately in the field designated by you, the donor!
- Endowed Scholarships allow funds to be invested for perpetuity; awards are made to students through earnings annually
Endowed Chairs & Professorships build faculty!
- Endowed Chairs and Professorships enable CHSS to attract and retain outstanding faculty
- They augment faculty’s ability to focus on life-changing, community improving research.
Ways to give…
- Give online now by visiting NMSU Foundation website; and visit the
Please contact Assistant Dean Jennifer Cervantes, 575-646-5985 for more information on how you can support the College of Health and Social Services.